I am excited to be part of Discover Art. Discover Art in print and digital format includes a range of features to enthuse and inspire by showing how and where successful artists work, the art materials to use, and how painting and drawing can be a way to make friends and meet people.
Discover Art aims to reveal the creative side of its readership not by presenting simplistic how-to formulas and rules to replicate its contributors’ works, but by helping them to find their own distinctive and personal way of working through experimentation and experience.
Its features include:
• in-depth, inspiring looks at paintings by accomplished artists using watercolour, acrylic, oils and coloured pencils, as well as digital media, such as iPads
• artist profiles and interviews – such as the family who are all artists
• how a blog and social media can help readers share and promote their paintings and drawings online
• how to meet like-minded artists through art clubs, societies and sketchcrawls
• information about leading art materials to try out
• a look behind the scenes into the studios and work spaces of artists
• help in choosing the perfect painting holiday
• how selecting the right frame can be the crowning moment of any work of art
• a resources guide to help in finding art courses, exhibition opportunities and ongoing support
Discover Art in print and digital format includes a range of features to enthuse and inspire by showing how and where successful artists work, the art materials to use, and how painting and drawing can be a way to make friends and meet people.
Discover Art is a lively, inclusive, engaging read that encourages and inspires its readers as they explore their interest in painting and drawing. I hope that you will join us on its journey.
James Hobbs, editor